Never Gonna Give You Up
"Never Gonna Give You Up" is a song recorded by British singer and songwriter Rick Astley, released as a single on 27 July 1987.
In 2004, "Never Gonna Give You Up" was voted number 28 in 50 Most Awesomely Bad Songs... Ever by VH1.
The music video for the song has become the basis for the "Rickrolling" Internet meme, leading the song to also be referred to as "The Rickroll Song".
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
Lyrics © 1987 Stock Aitken Waterman and RCA Records
- In 1997, French boy band 2Be3 covered the song under the name "Toujours là pour toi", which had success in France (No. 4) and Belgium (Wallonia) (No. 12).
- In 1998, an Italian cover entitled "Non ti lascerò" was made by Fiorello.
- Eurobeat artist Kevin Johnson covered the song in 2004 for the album Super Eurobeat 149.
- A group of London dance producers called The Rickrollerz made a house music cover version of "Never Gonna Give You Up". In May 2008, the track entered the UK Club Charts at no. 22.
- In August 2007, internet celebrity and singer Tay Zonday covered the song.
- On 25 November 2008, Barry Manilow released a version of the song on his The Greatest Songs of the Eighties album.
- In 2008, Ashley Tisdale released a cover of the song, along with three other songs of the 80s.
Text source: Wikipedia: Never Gonna Give You Up
Image source: ImgFlip Meme Generator